The Illinois Drycleaner Environmental Response Trust Fund website (www.cleanupfund.org) and Williams & Company Consulting, Inc. are committed to providing visitors to this website with an experience that respects and protects their personal privacy choices and concerns.
1. We pledge that no personal information you provide to us will be sold or rented to any entity or individual or disclosed to an unauthorized entity or individual. However, under the Freedom of Information act, the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by state and federal government. Information collected or presented on this website may therefore become public record and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public (See Freedom of Information Act below).
2. We pledge that we will provide the means for you to manage and control the information that you have voluntarily provided to us.
3. We pledge that we will provide mechanisms for you to communicate your privacy questions and concerns to us and that we will respond to them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
Personally Identifiable Information is information such as your name, email address or mailing address that can be used to uniquely identify you.
Anonymous Information is not Personally Identifiable Information. Anonymous Information is information about how you use this website (such as places visited and search queries performed). Anonymous Information also includes the domain names and/or IP addresses (as explained in greater detail below) of browsers that visit this website, time of day the website was visited and other non-Personally Identifiable Information. Anonymous Information is information that is not tied to any individual, but helps to characterize this website's visitors.
An Internet Protocol (IP) Address is a set of unique numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are connected to the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your online visits to websites hosted on the server.
Freedom of Information Act
It is our policy is not to disclose Personally Identifiable Information provided by visitors to this website. However, Illinois laws exist to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by state and federal government. Information collected by or for this website may become public record and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public, unless covered by an exemption in state or federal law, such as an exemption covering privacy of individuals. Exemptions under state law are listed in 5 ILCS 140/7. In the event of a conflict between this Privacy Notice and the Freedom of Information Act or other law governing the disclosure of records, the Freedom of Information Act or other applicable law will control.
Although this website does not require or currently have user registration, some areas may require you to provide Personally Identifiable Information. Whenever this information is provided by you, we may require you to complete certain fields and offer additional fields which you may optionally choose to complete. We use information which you have provided in the following ways:
1. To send communications to you from us in regard to your requests. We may also provide you with additional information in regard to the administration of the Fund such as information about your facility and licensing, insurance and remedial programs.
2. To provide information to other state of Illinois agencies, organizations and persons who have been authorized to perform or assist with services in regard to administering the Fund.
If you indicate to us that you do not want wish to receive specific types of communications with your request, we will respect your wishes.
PLEASE NOTE: In limited special cases we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information, Anonymous Information and/or IP Addresses if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone causing injury to us or otherwise injuring or interfering with our property or operations, clients and facility owners, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose this information when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
When you use this website, we collect Anonymous Information, even if you have not provided personal information on the website. We may use this information to personalize your experience on this website, to show you relevant information, and generally to improve the services provided on this website to its visitors.
We do not share Anonymous Information about your usage of this website if that information is or can be linked to your Personally Identifiable Information unless we have given you notice as described above and you have given us authorization to do so.
Cookies - How They Are Used
Cookies - Rejecting Them
You are not required to complete a registration process at any time on this website. Therefore Personally Identifiable Information about you is not stored on this website.
Use of IP Addresses
PLEASE NOTE: Under certain circumstances, IP addresses and/or domain names may be linked to Personally Identifiable Information, when said information is stored in databases managed by Internet registrars or registries.
Williams & Company Consulting, Inc. operates secure data networks protected by industry standard equipment and policies. Williams & Company Consulting, Inc. has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control.
Only authorized employees have access to the information you provide. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we make every effort to prevent this from occurring.